Current Status: Serving Dinner Til 7:30 pm
- BreakfastServed from 7:30 am - 11:00 am
- Lunch11:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Dinner4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Affectionately known as the “Ratty,” the Sharpe Refectory is the home kitchen for our meal plan participants. Located on Wriston Quad, the Refectory is arguably the social center of campus, serving over 1,500 students per meal in continuous all-you-care-to-eat, buffet-style dining. Choose from a variety of quality entrees and sides crafted from scratch-made recipes, locally grown produce, quality meats from our in-house Butcher Shop, and Pinterest-worthy desserts from our in-house Bakeshop.
- Breakfast Mon-Sat, 7:30 am - 11:00 am
- Brunch Sun, 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Lunch Mon-Sat, 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Dinner Mon-Sun, 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join author Lukas Volger as he discusses his latest cookbook: “Bowl” vegetarian recipes for Ramen, Pho, Bibimbap, Dumplings, & other one-dish meals!
This salad is made extra special with juicy pomegranate seeds and a dressing whisked with sweet pomegranate molasses.» Read More
Dark leafy greens are an antioxidant-loaded nutrient powerhouse. Combine them with hearty lentils and buttery delicata squash for a soup that is bright, healthful, and pleasing to the taste buds.» Read More
Make your own tea blends with tea, spices, and dried fruits and enter to win a tea give basket!
In the world of whole grains, wheat berries are a nutritional powerhouse. Sweet and nutty in flavor, this grain is packed with fiber, protein, and a healthy dose of B-vitamins.» Read More
Happy Eat Local Challenge Day! As you enjoy our chefs’ 100% local meals that incorporate a regional bumper crop, check out these basic recipes that’ll teach you how to wrangle abundant produce in creative ways.» Read More
We’re opening up the omelet station for dinner so you can enjoy a fast, fluffy, and filling meal!
As part of our Eat Local Challenge celebration and companywide commitment to fighting food waste, we’re giving away a copy of “Waste-Free Kitchen Handbook” to 10 lucky guests» Read More
Eat whatever you want five days a week but starve yourself for two. Don’t eat after 5:30pm. And so on. Do these calorie yo-yo diets work?» Read More
Proving everything is sweeter on the weekend – stop in for a variety of hard ice cream with fun and delicious toppings!
I seem to be going to a lot of barbecues and summer parties. How can I avoid feeling like I’m only fit for a nap afterward?» Read More
MyMeal is an online tool designed to help students make educated food choices in Brown’s dining halls. Students can view specific ingredients used in dishes, whether you are managing allergies or focusing on selecting more healthy options.
Questions? Contact Brown Dining’s Dietitian, Jessie Curran.
Brown Dining's Express Delivery service provides quick turn-around, dependable service and great food. Questions? Call x3-3947
Place your order
Place your order
Made with the finest cheese and sauces, our pizza uses dough made daily in the Brown Bakeshop. Questions? Call x3-3040
Place your order
Place your order
B&H Cafe Cart | Friedman Cafe Cart
B&H Cafe Cart
Regular Hours: Weekdays 8:00am-5:00pm
Conveniently located in the lobby of the Barus & Holley Building, the B&H cafe cart features fairly-traded coffee, hot tea, sandwiches, snacks and other grab-&-go goodies, as well as, freshly baked goods made by the Brown Bakeshop to help fuel your studies.
Friedman Cafe Cart
Regular Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 1:00 am; Friday 8:30am – 6:00pm; Saturday 10:00am – 10:00pm; Sunday 10:00am – 1:00am.
The Friedman Cafe, in the lobby of the SciLi, is at the center of the Friedman Study Center, a 24-hour study space in the center of campus. The cafe is a convenient spot for Fair Trade coffee, grab & go sandwiches, salad and house-made parfait and vegetable cups, as well as freshly baked goods from the Brown Bakeshop.
Rock Cafe Cart | Poppy’s Cafe Cart
Rock Cafe Cart
Regular Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00am; Friday 9:00am-6:00pm; Closed Saturday; Sunday 11:00am-12:00am
Newly renovated, the Rock Cafe features fairly-traded coffee, Tazo teas, and a wide selection of bottled beverages. Snack on cereal, oatmeal, a daily selection of freshly made salads and sandwiches, as well as, baked goods made by the Brown Bakeshop.
Poppy's Cafe Cart
Regular Hours: Weekdays 8:00am-8:00pm ;Weekends 10:00am-8:00pm
Fuel your body and mind with foods that recharge, rebuild, replenish and rejoice. Located in the lobby of the Jonathan Nelson Fitness Center & Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center, Poppy’s is a convenient place to nourish your body with customizable fresh fruit and juice blends. Whether you’re an athlete coming for your daily exercise, or want to grab a bite on your way to work, Poppy’s has a wide selection of tasty, nutrient-dense foods ready for you.
Tell Us What You Think
Question, Suggestion, or Feedback?
Feel free to browse our frequently asked questions on the left or contact our Bon Appétit managers using this form.
Work With Dining Services
Dining Is Now Hiring Student Workers!
- Flexible shifts
- Only an 8-hour minimum weekly commitment
- Work with or away from food
- Interact with customers or operate behind the scenes
- Supervisors are students, too!
Interested? Email email@example.com or stop by the BuDS table and talk to current student workers:
- Monday, October 24: 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM at Sharpe Refectory & Andrews Commons
- Tuesday, October 25: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Josiah’s
- Wednesday, October 26: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Verney-Woolley
- Thursday, October 27: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at Sharpe Refectory & Andrews Commons
- Friday, October 28: 11:30 AM – 2 PM on the Main Green & at Verney-Woolley
Meal Options for Isolated Students
Brown Dining offers two meal options for every isolated student with flu-like symptoms. Student with flu-like symptoms must register on fluweb. You can then choose one of these two meal options available from Brown Dining via pickup:
- Pickup of Individual Meals at Dining Halls by Flu Buddy: Flu Buddies may pick up one takeout meal during each meal period (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner) at either the Refectory or the Verney-Woolley dining hall. Flu Buddies are required to sign in at the cashier’s station. Sharpe Refectory: Monday – Saturday 7:30 am – 7:30 pm • Sunday 10:30 am – 7:30 pm / Verney Woolley: Weekdays, Breakfast 7:30 am – 11:00 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 2 pm, Dinner 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Pickup of “Food Kit” by Flu Buddy: Food Kits may be picked up at the Receiving area of the Refectory (corner of George and Thayer, loading dock entrance; ring doorbell for assistance if door is locked). A Food Kit is a 5 day supply of food. One kit per student. Pickup Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm • Sunday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
The Brown Faculty Club provides a year-round, private and attractive gathering place in the heart of the Brown University campus that is perfect for dining or for entertaining associates, friends, and family.
The Club’s well-appointed, flexible interior provides suitable facilities for private parties, wedding receptions, banquets and departmental meetings. Lunch and dinner service is also offered.
return to www.brown.edu