Brown Dining Mission
Brown Dining Services (BDS) operates under the division of Finance and Administration at Brown University. We’re the people behind the dining halls, retail units and University catering functions. We are a member of the National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS).
Mission: To provide high quality foods and services to all segments of the University while fostering a sense of community conducive to intellectual and personal growth.
- BDS will strive to be at the forefront of our industry, setting the standards of excellence within college and university dining.
- Aligning our goal’s with those of the University at large will provide a healthy, diverse and engaging environment that supports academic, social and cultural needs on campus.
- We will anticipate the needs of our customers and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Excellence: We strive to exceed the service expectations of our customers. We will not compromise on the quality of the ingredients used in preparation. We perform at the highest level of competence with integrity and pride in our accomplishments.
- People: We are committed to a highly skilled, diverse and compassionate workforce. We foster a culture of respect, equal opportunity, innovation and accountability. We strive to provide a safe workplace for all employees.
- Community stewardship: We will incorporate a sustainable product mix whenever possible. Brown Dining is committed to supporting the local community and charitable endeavors.